Matthew Pounsett matt at conundrum.com
Sat Jul 23 14:03:16 UTC 2016

On 23 July 2016 at 15:25, Danilo <mail at dbrgn.ch> wrote:

> Is there a way to get Bind to automatically include config files in a
> directory? If not, might it make sense to place a feature request for
> this with the Bind developers? If yes, what would the process be for
> such a request? Or is there a better alternative to this approach?

The relevant paragraph in the BIND 9.10 ARM doesn't say it, but I *think*
you can use at least some of the usual shell wildcard characters in the
include statement.

If so, something like:
include "/path/to/config/*.conf";
should work.

You don't say in your email whether you've tested this, but it'd be fairly
easy to check.   If that doesn't work, then no, there is no way to
accomplish what you want. (It seems to me this would be a fairly easy
feature request to grant... Mark?  Evan?)

If include doesn't do that, you should be able to get Ansible to assemble a
single config file from a template though, and include all of your zone
definitions in that.   It might require reorganizing your ansible roles
though, so that your complete zone list is given as variable input into a
role that handles the entire configuration for BIND.