Guidelines for role separations forwarding vs authoritative

Mik J mikydevel at yahoo.fr
Fri Jul 8 06:46:25 UTC 2016

Hello,
I have a bind DNS that is authoritative for many zones and that same system is also forwarding.I plan to split these two functions on two different systems.
Have some of you done this task ? Do you have any guidelines or advices ?
I'm thinking about migrating the forwarding functionality to a new system with a new IP.This will avoid changing the IP of the authoritative server on the DNS at a higher level.
Thank you