DNS view "passthrough" and caching

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Fri Dec 9 21:38:09 UTC 2016

Use 'zone "zonename" { in-view "namename"; };' and have all zones
that the view answers for be in that view.  "in-view" was introduced
in BIND 9.10.0.  Configure the zone (master/slave) in the first
view it appears in.

view "view1" {

	zone "example.com" {
	};
};

view "view2" {

	zone "example.com" {
		in-view "view1";
	};

	zone "zone.com" {
	}
};

For earlier versions of named transfer the zones between views.  If
you are supposed to be authoritative for a zone then it needs to
be configured in all appropriate views.  Remember to keep the file
names seperate.

Mark