file descriptor exceeds limit

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Fri Jun 19 19:55:23 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 11:11:16PM +0000,
   Mike Hoskins (michoski) wrote:
> On 6/18/15, 7:09 PM, "Stuart Browne"
> <Stuart.Browne at bomboratech.com.au> wrote:
>
> >Just wondering.  You mention you're using RHEL6; are you also
> >getting messages in 'dmesg' about connection tracking tables being
> >full?  You may need some 'NOTRACK' rules in your iptables.
>
> Just following along, for the record...  On our side, iptables
> is completely disabled.  We do that sort of thing upstream on
> dedicated firewalls.

There is a Knowledge Base article about this:
	https://kb.isc.org/article/AA-01183/

Note that connection tracking can be a problem upstream as well, for
the same reasons as described in the article.  I would still turn off
conntrack for UDP DNS upstream, unless you're using DNAT (yuck.)

--
  http://rob0.nodns4.us/