setting and monitoring dns cache master / slave pair

Leandro ingrogger at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 18:55:24 UTC 2015

Dear Matus / Tony, I understand your point.
It is good practice to be authoritative for non routing prefixes so
queries are not sended outside.
About RFC 1918 , I understand it is necessary to provide reverse mapping
for non - internet routing prefixes as described here:
http://archive.oreilly.com/pub/a/sysadmin/2007/04/26/5-basic-mistakes-not-to-make-in-dns.html?page=1
My idea for this is to add an empty  zone for the 192.168.0.0/16,
172.16.0.0/12, and 10.0.0.0/8 prefixes.
In my case my local network is configured on 10.0.0.0/24 so I will also
set a zone for this.

For RFC /3330/5735  can not find information. Could you provide?

I have also included zones for RFC1912 (they were already on the
named.conf template) with deals with loopback resolution and reverse
mapping.
Other question :
For an ISP , is it mandatory to provide reverse mapping for the public
prefixes I have assigned?

Thanks in advance,
Leandro.