Cloud DNS providers for secondary DNS

John W. Blue john.blue at rrcic.com
Wed Dec 30 00:52:27 UTC 2015

Hello Mike!

So you are tracking correctly what needs to be done: update your registrar and your master zone files.  Not knowing how the UI to the cloud and at the risk of stating the obvious, the only other agenda item that you would need to address is making sure that the cloud knows it is a slave.

If your secondary servers were normal BIND, you would need to tag your zones in the named.conf file as slaves.

Hope that is helpful.

John