unalbe-to-query

Niall O'Reilly niall.oreilly at ucd.ie
Mon Dec 14 09:12:42 UTC 2015

On Mon, 14 Dec 2015 06:59:12 +0000,
Ejaz wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We are one of the leading ISP of Saudi Arabia. Installed latest
> version of bind and smbind inorder manage the zones over the Web
> interface.
>
> Wonder is that, the zones which configured through smbind cannot be
> seen from the outside world.. locally it is fine. For an example
> arabsat.com.
>
> Almost 1500 other zones on the same name server runs through bind 9.9.
> works perfectly internally and externally. Eg. Cyberia.net.sa.
>
> From Internally I can query it.. it is ok…

  I'm not sure that you can safely say this.  From what I can see,
  you seem to be using nslookup, which (in trying to be "helpful")
  hides so much information that you cannot depend on the results
  it gives.

  I suggest you use the zonemaster tool (https://zonemaster.net/) to
  run a comprehensive series of tests against the zone(s) which are
  giving you trouble.

  Best regards,
  Niall O'Reilly