DNSSEC secondary (free) - Was - Re: Can I run two name servers on one host with two IP addresses?

Timothe Litt litt at acm.org
Thu Aug 20 18:04:16 UTC 2015

On 20-Aug-15 10:50, /dev/rob0 wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 02:07:57PM +0200, Robert Senger wrote:
>> There are a number of providers out there offering secondary
>> dns services for free or for a few bucks/month. Even DNSSEC
>> is possible for free.
> This is good news!  I knew there were several good choices for free
> DNS hosting, but this is the first I heard of them supporting signed
> zones.
>
> https://acc.rollernet.us/help/dns/secondary.php
>
> Are there others?  I saw another one amongst your NS hosts, but that
> seems to be your own domain.  (If you're offering secondary NS for
> free, please do mention your service here.)
I use https://puck.nether.net/*dns* <https://puck.nether.net/dns/>/
<https://puck.nether.net/dns/> .  It's free, it uses current version of
bind, supports DNSSEC,
has been stable for several years.  Only drawback is that if you're in
Chicago, you won't get
enough geographic diversity.  They have only server, which is there.
And of course, with free
the SLA is "best efforts, no guarantee."

I am not affiliated, just reporting my personal experience.