Split DNS(view configuration)

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon May 19 16:26:25 UTC 2014

Techs_Maru <tecabu at gmail.com> wrote:

> view    "internal" {

>         recursion yes;
>         zone "." IN { ... };

I think it is better to use named's built-in root hints, so you don't need
to explicitly configure this.

>         zone "hoge.com" IN {
>                 type slave;
>                 masters { AAA.AAA.AAA.AAA; };
>                 file "hoge.zone_slave";
>         };
> };
>
> view    "external" {

>         zone "hoge.com" IN {
>                 type slave;
>                 masters { ... };
>                 file "hoge.zone_slave";

You must not share slave zone files between zones.

>         };
> };

> The content of internal view is not updated even if it updates record.
> I want to let both view reflect an update record by zonal transfer.

Use a different TSIG key for each view in the slave. Include each key in
the match-clients clause of each view. Include both keys in the
also-notify clause on the master.

Tony.
Sole: Variable 3 or 4, becoming northerly or northeasterly 5 or 6 for a time
in far west. Moderate or rough. Thundery showers. Moderate or good,
occasionally poor in east.