One question about 'Stealth servers'

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Thu Jul 24 16:50:52 UTC 2014

On 24.07.14 10:38, 许腾 wrote:

>As a beginner of BIND, I'm writing to ask one question about 'Stealth
> servers'.  To avoid the access failures arising from the broken down of
> Authoritative Name servers, I'd like to run Stealth servers as back up.
> My question is how could I set the Stealth servers as non-priority so that
> these Stealth servers could not be accessed unless the Authoritative Name
> servers are broken down?  The 'forward' configuration item could set the
> servers as priority, is there another configuration item could do the
> contrary thing?  Looking forward to your reply!

In what way are you going to use those stealth servers?

If your recursive nameservers use ordinary resolution, they will never use stealth
servers.

If you point all stealth zones on your recursive servers to any servers,
they will be used in semi-random order, not as primary-backup.

If you load the zones on your recursive nameservers, they will use it
locally.
REALITY.SYS corrupted. Press any key to reboot Universe.