Sites that points their A Record to localhost

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Tue Jan 14 15:03:45 UTC 2014

Joseph S D Yao <jsdy at tux.org> wrote:
> On 2014-01-12 10:04, Chris Thompson wrote:
> >
> > That would be more plausible if www.p3net.net actually resolved to
> > something, rather than giving NXDOMAIN ...
>
> How interesting.  From here I see (and saw before I posted):
>
> ;; ANSWER SECTION:
> www.p3net.net.		0	IN	A	199.101.28.20

That IP address indicates that your ISP is lying to you. It belongs to
Skye By Nominum which is a cloud DNS service. I guess this is Skye Search
since that sounds like a rent-seeking scheme based on replacing NXDOMAINs
with advertising.

http://www.darkreading.com/nominum-rolls-out-skye-dns-cloud-service/220100568

Tony.
Forties, Cromarty: East, veering southeast, 4 or 5, occasionally 6 at first.
Rough, becoming slight or moderate. Showers, rain at first. Moderate or good,
occasionally poor at first.