specifics of downgrading from rpz2 (3rd party patch) -> rpz1 (in Bind release) ?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Jan 13 17:38:44 UTC 2014

On 13/01/2014 17:27, pgndev wrote:

> Can anyone clarify specifically the *diff* between rpz1, as in the
> Bind9 release, and rpz2?  Particularly, which specific
> features/capabilities I need to unwind to get back to 'just' rpz1?

IIRC there's no syntax/feature difference. Rather, RPZ2 is a set of
(significant) performance enhancements for the case of >1 RPZ zone,
which is common as most people have a local whitelist/blacklist in front
of their upstream RPZ feed.

Personally the lack of RPZ2 is keeping us on older bind 9.9 releases for
the moment, until I have time to investigate how hard (or not) it is to
bring the patches forward.