Enterprise IPAM/DNS Solutions

Baird, Josh jbaird at follett.com
Mon Apr 28 16:31:28 UTC 2014

Hi,

We currently use the Men & Mice DNS/IPAM/DHCP suite which is essentially a front-end "wrapper" for BIND.  We deploy our own BIND boxes and simply install the Men & Mice agent on them which allows us to centrally manage the zones from a GUI (or CLI) based interface.

I'm curious about the other "enterprise" solutions that are on the market.  Bluecat is the first one that comes to mind, but I'm completely unfamiliar with their product.  Does their product run alongside native BIND (like M&M) or do I need to purchase their own appliances and place them all over my network?

Are there any other suggestions for products similar to Men & Mice and Bluecat that I should be looking at?  I'm looking for DNS and IPAM and central management.

Thanks,

Josh