detect if zone/s is frozen

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Tue Sep 3 21:37:18 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 09:24:00PM +0000, Mike Hoskins (michoski) wrote:
> [...]

Oh I know that use cases exist. But these are people who don't want
to accept the new paradigm in the time of DNSSEC and beyond. That's
what I'm suggesting: shift the paradigm. :)

There are other side benefits of maintaining a dynamic zone the
"proper" way: you get IXFR, for historical data and shorter, faster
transfer to slaves.

And for the OP, this would seem to solve his problem: never freeze,
never worry about whether or not a zone is frozen. :)