Bind logging

Brian Cuttler brian at wadsworth.org
Fri Oct 11 13:34:27 UTC 2013

I had a similar problem when moving to a newer version, the
prior had run as root and logged to files in /var/log, the
new version running as non-root couldn't do so.

I created a subdirectory, and moved the logging in named.conf
down one level, which you already have, but I set the owner of
the subdirectory to the user running the daemon.

Did that not work for you, or is there some other obstruction?