SPF record with include:

G.W. Haywood bind at jubileegroup.co.uk
Tue Jun 18 07:14:34 UTC 2013

Hi there,

On Tue, 18 Jun 2013, Julie Xu wrote:

> I be asked to add:
> include:otheremailsrv.otherdomain<http://otheremailsrv.otherdomain>
>  so the TXT records will be looked like:
>  TXT "v=spf1 mx include:otheremailsrv.otherdomain<http://otheremailsrv.otherdomain> ~all"
>
> Question, from my limited research, I have not found any example to
> put http part into TXT records, and a little bit worried.
>
> Could any one advice me if I can put http in spf record like above?

No, you cannot do that.  Also you should not use the 'mx mechanism'
unless you really know what you are doing.  It is almost always a bad
idea, not least because it wastes bandwidth.

It might be better to ask your question at <spf-help at listbox.com>, but
PLEASE use real domain names in future when you ask your questions, it
is difficult to answer this kind of question without that information.

--

73,
Ged.