Bind 9.9.3 configuration message: missing 'file' entry

Spain, Dr. Jeffry A. spainj at countryday.net
Sun Jun 2 22:07:30 UTC 2013

> Have you looked carefuly enough, and to the correct file if there is no missed character that makes the configuration invalid?
> Have you run named-checkconf with and without the given file as parameter?

The log message is new since bind-9.9.2-P2 with no changes to the configuration files. The section of code in check.c referred to in my original post has been changed from 9.9.2-P2 to 9.9.3. I still believe that the "if" statement in check.c as now coded in 9.9.3 accounts for the log messages. Named-checkconf gives the same messages with or without the "file" clause and whether or not the path to the file is correct, and this is also consistent with the way the "if" statement is coded. Thanks. Jeff.