truncated responses vs. minimal-responses?

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Fri Nov 30 15:04:00 UTC 2012

Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar at fantomas.sk> wrote:

> Nice to see. I'm seeing recommendations to set minimal-responses to avoid
> truncation problem anywhere and I'd like to have documented somewhere that
> it just won't help...

It will reduce the likelihood of a fragmented response and therefore poor
interactions with misconfigured firewalls. But another way to avoid that
problem is to reduce the EDNS UDP buffer size.

Tony.
Forties, Cromarty: East, veering southeast, 4 or 5, occasionally 6 at first.
Rough, becoming slight or moderate. Showers, rain at first. Moderate or good,
occasionally poor at first.