Bind Memory Usage

Patrick Cauchi Patrick.Cauchi at melitaplc.com
Fri Mar 9 12:51:30 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I have just upgraded from Bind 9.7 to Bind 9.8.1 Patch 1  and is noticing that the occupied physical memory is increasing to values larger than usual. Whilst in the former release the occupied physical memory stabilises at a value of approximately 4GB, I am now noticing that the occupied memory is using all the 16GB available to the server.

Was there any major change or could this be a memory leak in the named daemon process? I am using a Solaris 10 Operating System running on Oracle Hardware with Sparc Architecture.

Regards

Patrick Cauchi