BIND 9.9.0 Inline-Signing Out of Control

David Kreindler david at govnet.state.vt.us
Mon Mar 5 17:46:08 UTC 2012

Thanks for the suggestion.

After 48 sets of IXFRs and more than 1200 SOA serial increments, the system finished signing the zone.

Manually incrementing the (unsigned) SOA serial now results in just one more set of IXFRs.

It would have been helpful if somewhere in the documentation we were warned to expect a large number if IXFRs following the initial AXFR-style IXFR.

Are there guidelines or suggestions for setting the values of sig-signing-nodes and sig-signing-signatures?