Need clarification on recursive

rams bramesh80 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 10:01:45 UTC 2012

Hi,
I have set up as follows in bind.

Bind 1:
mx.test.ashwin MX 10 a.ramesh.test

Bind 2:
a.ramesh.test A 1.1.1.1

I have a zone "ashwin" in bind1 and zone"test" configured as forwarder in
Bind1 and recursive enabled in Bind1.
Now I have queried domain "mx.test.ashwin." against Bind1. I am getting MX
record in answer and not getting A record in additional section.

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;mx.test.ashwin.                        IN      MX

;; ANSWER SECTION:
mx.test.ashwin.         85799   IN      MX      10 a.ramesh.test.

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
test.ashwin.            85799   IN      NS      udns2.ultradns.net.
test.ashwin.            85799   IN      NS      udns1.ultradns.net.

Is it expected?

Thanks & Regards,
Ramesh