Block some users with Bind9

Emiliano Vazquez emilianovazquez at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 17:32:34 UTC 2012

Hi to everyone!
I'm stuck with this!

I need to do the following but i did not find the real solution.

My problem:

I need to block some IPs from the LAN to specific places, like
"Facebook.com"

I do this with Squid but https transport is encripted and never goes to
Squid. There are some news about interception of this port (443) but
this is un newers version of squid (3.2.x)

I wan't know if you know some tipe of configuration of Bind9 to do
something like "OpenDNS" who give us this solution.

I need to do:

IP 192.168.1.10  Block access to https://www.facebook.com &
http://www.facebook.com
IP 192.168.1.11  Full access without limitations.
IP 192.168.1.12  Block access to https://www.gmail.com &
http://www.gmail.com

I follow the instructions from this link
http://www.deer-run.com/~hal/sysadmin/dns-advert.html and get it working
but the DNS act for all the machines in the network.

It's possible to make what i wan't to do?

Best regards and thanks for share your time.

Emiliano.

--
Emiliano Vazquez | PcCentro Informatica & CCTV
Office: +54 (11) 4951-0203 Interno 4
Mail: emilianovazquez at gmail.com
Web: http://www.pccentro.com.ar