rndc stats command

Ben benjo11111 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 15:47:52 UTC 2012

Hi,

Thanks for your kind response. sorry for the delay.

Currently i make a logic with shell scripts is that

i run my statistics.sh by cron via every 1 minute and collect INCOMING
QUERY AND CACHE HIT RATIO.

CACHE HIT RATIO = (IN COMING QUERY - RECURSION )  / INCOMING QUERY.

Let say i run first time : 10.00 AM
First i clean named_Stat file and then run rndc stats command so it will
write statistics to named_stat file and then i collect incoming query
numbers and cache hit ratio.

Second time run same logic : 10.01 AM
so this time i again get incoming query numbers and hit ratio value and
while plotting these by rrdtool, i remove old value ( 10.00 AM ) from
current value ( 10.01 AM) and get actual value.

same fashion, i run above logic for time frame.

Kindly correct me , if i am running wrong logic.

when i run rndc stats , it gives me full outpur.can i get only certain
output from it by any command or something?

My concern is that to find QPS / no. of queries per RR / hit ratio.

Best Regards,
Ben