Several (>2) different views [SOLVED]

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Mon Jul 9 23:36:46 UTC 2012

In message <C83FEC5A-10B3-4444-934E-A2D8E3140A5B at ucd.ie>, Niall O'Reilly writes
:

> On 3 Jul 2012, at 21:21, Rodrigo Renie Braga wrote:
>
> > Just giving a feedback, this method worked great, but in my case, didn't ha
> ve no negate the keys in the ACL (like the example below), I created one key
> for each ACL in my configuration and used that ACL for the "match-clients" di
> rective in the view.
>
> 	Congratulations!
> 	You seem to have thought of a better (i.e. simpler) way to do it
> 	than I did.  Learning is a two-way process.
>
> 	ATB
> 	Niall

Running w/o negate keys in the match-clients acl is fragile and
depends on the address of the master/slaves being in the last view
whereas the scheme below works independently of which view the
master/slave ip addresses match.

	key key1 { ... };
	key key2 { ... };
	key key3 { ... };
	acl all-keys { key key1; key key2; key key3; }
	view view1 { match-clients { key key1; !all-keys; ... }; ... };
	view view2 { match-clients { key key2; !all-keys; ... }; ... };
	view view3 { match-clients { key key3; !all-keys; ... }; ... };

Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka at isc.org