Using proxy DNS servers for bind as an alternative to slave servers.

J P epochcr at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 1 18:42:07 UTC 2012

Hello all!

I understand RFC compliant DNS servers use AXFR and IXFR for synching
bewteen masters and slaves... and that this is the general scenario for
that purpose.

 However, I need somebody to technically explain
to me why cant I use a DNS resolver daemon such as the pdnsd  dns proxy
daemon with a cache of for example 5 minutes... so I can configure it to
 forward requests to my master (where I feed and store my zones), with
the cache being 5 minutes then iam sure the latency between my master
and the proxy will be minimal.

 Is this possible why yes or why not.

Thanks!!