Adding DS record to parent

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Fri Feb 24 16:19:51 UTC 2012

Bill Owens <owens at nysernet.org> wrote on 02/24/2012 11:02:50 AM:

> I haven't heard of NS supporting DNSSEC, and there haven't been any
> good resources to find a registrar who *does*, but this popped up
recently:

> http://www.icann.org/en/topics/dnssec/deploy-en.htm
>
> . . . and NS isn't on that list. FWIW, DynDNS does a fine job
> (that's who we've chosen), GoDaddy works okay too (though I think
> there are many other reasons to avoid using them) and I've heard
> good things about GKG.

Our domains are mostly registered through Network Solutions.  I've little
experience with the others you mention, other than GoDaddy screwing up
domains years ago by changing the domain's name servers to point to theirs
instead of the ones we operate for our school district customers.

The Public Interest Registry who runs .ORG has a list of registrars that
support DNSSEC at
http://www.pir.org/get/registrars?order=field_dnssec_value&sort=desc but
they helpfully note "This does not indicate whether the registrar has
enabled a DNSSEC service for the registrants. Please contact the
registrars directly for their DNSSEC service."  Apparently, NS falls into
this category.

Given that they were the original (and for a long time ONLY) registrar,
you would think they would be an industry leader.  I'm drawing a different
conclusion.

Confidentiality Notice:
This electronic message and any attachments may contain confidential or
privileged information, and is intended only for the individual or entity
identified above as the addressee. If you are not the addressee (or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the addressee), or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, you are hereby notified that
you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of this message or any
attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail or
telephone and delete this message from your system.