CVE-2012-1033 (Ghost domain names) mitigation

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Mon Feb 13 10:17:09 UTC 2012

On 09.02.12 11:43, Lyle Giese wrote:
>This is just my opinion, but this is not a bug.  It's the side effect
>of a desirable feature called caching.

It's a design flaw - you cache something forever, even if case you
should not do it. The cache time is given and we should not expand it,
for valid reasons.

>Yea, we can brainstorm how to mitigate the effect, but in order to
>mitigate a problem, we have to know that there is a problem(revoked
>or bad domain).

I think that the described draft seems to solve the problem.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vixie-dnsext-resimprove-00

M$ Win's are shit, do not use it !