BIND 9.9.0 RC2 -- call for testing

Michael Graff mgraff at isc.org
Wed Feb 1 00:06:56 UTC 2012

As Evan mentioned earlier, we are coming close to releasing a final BIND 9.9.0.  It's scheduled to go to our Forum members on the 7th of February and as a public release about a week later.

Some inline signing defects were resolved earlier this week, and we've released 9.9.0RC2.  This release candidate includes fixes for all major defects reported in inline signing and other features.

We prefer to give at least two weeks between the final RC and the release.  However, due to our use of improved code testing in our development process, and that most of the inline signing bugs were found earlier in the release cycle than is typical, we feel confident that this shortened RC-to-release time is a fairly safe choice to make.

The 9.9.0 pre-releases have been the most user-tested of any of our releases to date, and we appreciate each and every tester's valuable time.  But, we are asking for more.  More testers, more reports of success, and of course of failures.  The more people who test 9.9.0 RC2 before February the 7th, the better the release will be. While we hope for no major defects, we'd rather know of them than not.

Please head on over to http://www.isc.org/software/bind/990rc2 and give it a try.  If you don't want to send mail to this list for success or failure stories, sending them to me personally will get them to the right place.

Thank you everyone for helping us make great software even better.

--Michael