Linux issue with make test failures, 9.9.2-P1

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Thu Dec 6 17:01:46 UTC 2012

> Yup, I knew all of that and that is what I have always done.  This morning
> I got things to work by skipping the -j option of gmake to do parallel
> compiles, and the tests then worked.

Neat!

> Once I didn't do the parallel compile (-j2), the tests worked.  But I did
> not see any failures from a parallel compile either.  Weird.

We actually specify in the README that parallel compiles aren't supported,
but it's been my experience that they usually do work, and when they've
failed for me it's always been with an outright build failure rather than
an apparently successful build that didn't work.  You got lucky, I guess.
Glad it's sorted out.

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.