ho to filter hundeds of domains ?

Emanuele Balla (aka Skull) skull at bofhland.org
Thu Aug 30 15:27:38 UTC 2012

On 8/30/12 5:05 PM, WBrown at e1b.org wrote:
> Russell Jones <russell at jonesmail.me> wrote on 08/30/2012 10:28:07 AM:
>
>> Oh I know, I use spamhaus myself for spam filtering - catches a
>> ridiculous amount of spam. It is my understanding though the OP wants to
>
>> filter domains for NSFW web browsing, not spam - specifically gambling
>> sites.
>
> Spamhaus describes it this way:
>
> "The DBL is managed as a "zero false-positive" list, safe to use by
> production mail systems to reject emails that are flagged by it. The DBL
> includes URIs (domains/hostnames) which are used in spam including
> phishing, fraud/'419' or domains sending or hosting malware/viruses. "
>
> Sounds like what I would want in an RPZ, but may not include the gambling
> sites the OP was looking to block.

Indeed.
But this does not mean you can't set up your own RPZ zone ad use it to
centrally manage all your resolvers...

Nobody is saying the OP should subscribe SURBL or Spamhaus RPZ feed,
AFAICT...

--
Paranoia is a disease unto itself. And may I add: the person standing
next to you may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.