ho to filter hundeds of domains ?

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Thu Aug 30 12:34:07 UTC 2012

On 30 Aug 2012, at 13:14, fddi wrote:

> I need to implement a bind filter for many hundreds of domains which are considered outlaw and illegal
> by italian government about gamble games.
>
> If I create a named zone for each illegal domain and configure my nameserver as authoritative
> for those zones, I can catch the DNS resolutions and I can resolve with a local LAN IP with a message for users.
> But it is really complicate to manage such a high number of domains.
>
> Is there another way I could achieve this ?

	Don't waste your time.

	This approach is superficial.  It doesn't actually prevent access to the
	target sites, and is likely to be a nuisance for intending users of
	legitimate services (web sites or others) which fall in the "shadow" of
	the intervention you suggest.

	Besides, if you take this approach, you will have to commit resources to
	chasing a moving target.

	Best regards,

	Niall O'Reilly