Question about connections to BIND and tcp 443

Moore, Mark A. mmoore at osmre.gov
Wed Aug 22 14:38:18 UTC 2012

Good afternoon. We are currently running BIND on our RHEL 5.x servers and see connection attempts from our internal clients to the BIND on tcp 443. They are currently being block from connecting to 443 since these servers are only DNS. Is there any reason for clients to connect to tcp 443 for any type of DNS resolution? Just want to confirm before I dig deeper into this issue.

Thx in advance for any assistance provided.

Mark