split horizon and zone transfers to secondary DNS servers

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon Nov 28 17:49:58 UTC 2011

Marek Kozlowski <kozlowsm at mini.pw.edu.pl> wrote:

> OK. Let's assume I have only one primary and only one secondary DNS. I
> have two views on my primary. May I set up the secondary one for two
> views as well I make it fully synchronized to the primary one? (AFAIK
> for `allow-transfer' I specify IP addresses -- there is only one IP for
> the sec.)

Yes, but the trick is to use TSIG keys so the two servers can tell the
difference between zone transfers for the different views.

Tony.
Tyne, Dogger, Fisher, German Bight, Humber, Thames: Southerly, veering
westerly later in Tyne, 6 to gale 8, perhaps severe gale 9 later. Moderate or
rough, occasionally very rough later. Occasional rain. Moderate or good,
occasionally poor.