slave nags that master is not authoritative

Jan-Piet Mens jpmens.dns at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 08:21:16 UTC 2011

> I have 1 domain name, and 1 reverse in-addr.arpa
>     citires.ca          and    0-127.254.194.207.in-addr.arpa
>
> which my two slaves log that the master is "not authoritative" for

Seen from here (.DE) the NS for citires.ca both refuse to answer
queries, so they are indeed not authoritative:

        $ dig @ns.qcislands.net. citires.ca ns

        ; <<>> DiG 9.6-ESV-R4-P3 <<>> @ns.qcislands.net. citires.ca ns
        ; (1 server found)
        ;; global options: +cmd
        ;; Got answer:
        ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: REFUSED, id: 8528

I assume you've reloaded (reconfig'ed) your master, so maybe you've
mistakenly added the new zones to the wrong view? ;-)

        -JP