rndc addzone and file name

Alan Clegg aclegg at isc.org
Fri Jan 14 22:19:18 UTC 2011

On 1/14/2011 4:06 PM, Timothe Litt wrote:
>>> You can use the 'named-checkconf -p' to create a fully "expanded"
>>> version of the running configuration file as needed for bug reports, etc.
>
> ?? Including zones added by "addzone"?  How does checkconf find them?

Well, it _should_ find them the same way that BIND does when it starts.
 I've just discovered that named-checkconf does not find them (for
either the -p or the -z options) and have opened a bugs ticket.

>>> Agreed.  Removing and re-adding is a pain.  This is something that is
> being looked at.
>
> It's not just a pain; it takes the zone offline for the duration.  That's
> not acceptable in most environments.

Yep.

On the other hand, how often do you change the options in the "zone {};"
section?  Nothing is stopping you from editing the <hash>.nzf file and
doing a reconfig (the "old way").

AlanC