CNAME / MX Record question

Emil Natan shlyoko at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 15:04:46 UTC 2011

Using CNAME as MX is not recommended, someone might say forbidden. Check the
following thread:
https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/bind-users/2009-January/074828.html
Technically I think there is no problem to do so, BIND even has an option to
ignore such checks - check-mx-cname.
BTW you did not specify what exactly the problem is, BIND did not load? Your
queries fail? If yes how do they fail?

ena