Can't transfer two zones using two IP addresses

Scott Simpson Scott.Simpson at computer.org
Wed Sep 1 04:38:52 UTC 2010

I'm trying to transfer my two zones "internal" and "external" from master to
slave using two IP addresses and it isn't working.

On my master I have:

view "internal" {
    allow-transfer { 192.168.2.1; };
view "external" {
    allow-transfer { 192.168.2.12; };

My slave has two IP addresses 192.168.2.1 and 192.168.2.12 (I used a secondary
IP address on the card). On the slave I have

view "internal" {
    transfer-source 192.168.2.1;
view "external" {
    transfer-source 192.168.2.12;

When I try to transfer the domain "external", I get a permission denied on the
master. I know that the slave is using the correct transfer-source IP address
because I did a tcpdump and it shows the correct address for the two
transfers.

Interestingly, if I switch the "internal" and "external" stanzas on the
master, I get "external" only and not "internal". What gives? Thanks.
	Scott