Error fetching SOA

michael peters mdpeters67 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 19:19:57 UTC 2010

Here is more information.

I'm testing my external BIND 9.6.1 systems with
http://www.checkdns.net/powercheck.aspx. Outbound resolution is fine.
Internal resolution is fine. External resolution seems to be the problem. My
firewall allows port 53 UDP and TCP.

The messages I get are:

Found NS record: castor.lazarusalliance.com[71.
12.99.115], was resolved to IP address by
G.GTLD-SERVERS.NET<http://g.gtld-servers.net/>
Found NS record: pollux.lazarusalliance.com[71.12.99.116], was resolved to
IP address by G.GTLD-SERVERS.NET <http://g.gtld-servers.net/>
Domain has 2 DNS server(s)

CheckDNS.NET is verifying if NS are alive
Error fetching SOA from castor.lazarusalliance.com [71.12.99.115], request
timed out. Probably DNS server is offline.
Error fetching SOA from pollux.lazarusalliance.com [71.12.99.116], request
timed out. Probably DNS server is offline.
0 server(s) are alive
No DNS servers alive, tests stopped

What other information should I provide to be helpful in getting this
solved?