recursive query

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Thu Jun 24 01:15:06 UTC 2010

In article <mailman.1890.1277337910.21153.bind-users at lists.isc.org>,
 Mark Andrews <marka at isc.org> wrote:

> In message <4C229962.9000802 at zuka.net>, Dave Filchak writes:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Is there a way to allow a recursive query from a dynamically allocated
> > IP address? I know that the options statements match list requires an IP
> > address but if the IP address I am coming from changes from
> > time-to-time, is there any way I can track that? I use DynDNS but I
> > cannot put the DNS name into the match list.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Dave
>
> Use TSIG and forget about the address.

How do you get the stub resolver to send the TSIG key?  Is there an
option in resolv.conf for this?

I suppose you can run a local BIND, and configure it with forwarders and
tsig-keys.  But if you run a local BIND, why would you need to use
another server, it can do the whole lookup itself.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA