Split view - differing SOA serial number

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Thu Jul 8 11:37:51 UTC 2010

On 08.07.10 12:26, John Horne wrote:
> We are running BIND 9.7.0, and use a split view such that there is a
> difference depending on whether you are within our site campus or not.
> For all the other zones we support we simply 'include' the zone file
> into both views. Generally this seems to work fine.

> Both views use the same zone file (which currently contains 3330257 as
> the serial number), and the zone is configured to use a single master.

afaik, there is currently no way to share the same zone between multiple
views. Also you can't share the same zone file. You must define both zones
independently and also make sure both views will reload the zone.

I think you can for example configure one view as slave of the other view, with
sending notifies from master to slave and using no zone file for the slave
part.

Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity...