Installing 9.7?

Daniel Morgan daniel.morgan at riotm.co.uk
Mon Feb 22 07:45:01 UTC 2010

Apologies - my mailer half sent the post....

Following advice on a duplicate query issue, I've downloaded and built
9.7 from source as per the readme:

"To build, just
./configure
make"

This completed just fine - but what I can't find is any details on how
to physically install it after building. I'm used to things like 'make
install', but I don't want to blindly run random commands that may cause
carnage.

I note that it's created plenty of files - some for the Win platform(?)
and I'm confused as to what I have to put where. I'm running a Debian
based system and I appear to have the most recent packaged version
already - hence the source option.

I can see an install-sh script but that gives me:
./install-sh
install:	no input file specified

Is there an install DOC that I can't find?