how to setup a local root nameserver?

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at tux.org
Wed Feb 3 02:26:46 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 10:03:32AM -0500, Joe Baptista wrote:
> > instance, this had better be the name server, as well!  NO OTHER IP

You know, when I wrote this I was thinking of the recommended separate
resolving name server from authoritative name server.  But in the case
our friend from Italy was describing, usually they are the same.  If the
resolving name server to which all the workstations or kiosks are
pointing has a different IP address from the "uiniversal" IP address, it
really doesn't matter!  ;-)

--
**