forwarding

Ed Arizona colinedwardharvey at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 13 06:15:41 UTC 2010

We're seeing an issue with regarding to a bind9 server setup as a 'forward only'
system.

The server is multihomed on five unique subnets.  Any host local to any of those
subnets can use this server to properly resolve the zone served.  Any host
outside of the local subnets, cannot.

Routing is properly set up and hosts on various remote subnets can reach the dns
server on port 53.

When we downrev to bind8 using the same named.conf configuration file, the issue
disappears.  Is this is a known issue?  Is there a configuration item I'm not
aware of that I need to set or unset?

Thanks, Colin