Creating a training environment

Anand_Inala at Dell.com Anand_Inala at Dell.com
Tue Aug 3 19:58:43 UTC 2010

I'm trying to put together a training environment with a "fake" internet.  The idea is that a computer running windows xp will be attached to the WAN side of a router to be the "internet".  Any (http, possibly other protocols) requests going out from the router should be caught by the box attached and redirect them to the apache web server and serve up that web page to the system behind the router.  Thus, google, yahoo, msn, etc.  all get served up some kind of "It works!" apache page.  I'm working with a system running Windows XP with Apache and BIND installed.

It seems to me it would be trivial, but I don't have any experience with BIND.  Any suggestions as to where I would start?