BIND 9.4.x vs 9.6.x - pid-file check and creation

Stacey Jonathan Marshall Stacey.Marshall at Sun.COM
Thu Jan 29 14:45:25 UTC 2009

Mark Andrews wrote:
> Looking at the publically available parts of SunSolve there are at least
> bug reports about it.
>
> Requires Support Contract tmp_mkdir()/xmemfs_mkdir() inconsistent with other xxxfs_mkdir() functions.  |  Open in a new window
> bug 6253984
> http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-1-6253984-1 - Sep 10, 2007

FYI this has been fixed in OpenSolaris, alas it has not been fixed in
Solaris 9 or 10 and currently there are no plans to do so.

> Requires Support Contract tmp_mkdir()/xmemfs_mkdir() inconsistent with other xxxfs_mkdir() functions.  |  Open in a new window
> bug 2152581
> http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-1-2152581-1 - Sep 10, 2007

This is the Solaris 10 reference, its closed (hence no plans to fix).
With sufficient justification it could be re-opened.

Stace