BIND 9.6 Flaw - CNAME vs. A Record in MX Records are NOT "Illegal"

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Tue Jan 27 10:52:04 UTC 2009

On Jan 26, 2009, at 11:27 PM, David Ford wrote:

> hand because each line isn't strictly well-formed per RFC.  If every
> vendor was as utterly asinine about absolutist conformance, sure, we'd
> have a lot less mess out there, but we'd have a lot less forward
> movement as well as a lot more fractioning of software packages.
> Since
> everyone wants to do the protocol their own way, we'd just have a
> multitude of protocol variations rather than more flexible
> interoperability.

it could be argued, that if there was absolutist conformance to
standards, we could move forward even faster.  There is literally a
20% developer tax on debugging css and html to make it work with most
browsers.  Many compromises made to satisfy the lack of strictness.  I
am not totally disagreeing with you, I am not known to make ascii art
in emails :) but I do think we would have a better systems if
standards were more adhered to.
--
Scott