allow-query-cache and resolution time

LENA MATUSOVSKAYA, BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEXIN lmatusovskay at bloomberg.net
Thu Jan 22 21:00:54 UTC 2009

Hello,

Thank you for answering my quesiton yesterday.

I have a new question about allow-query-cache and its effect on a dns server' response resolution time.

allow-query-cache "specifies which hosts are allowed to get answers from the cache". I'm assuming this is refering to the memory cache.
If allow-query-cache is set to "none" in options/views statement does it mean that the DNS server's query response time would be less efficient/slower than with setting allow-query-cache to "any"?
If the answer is allow-query-cache is leff efficient, is it possible to override the setting for some zones and how? allow-query-cache cannot be used within zone statements.

Thank you in advance.