Unified Root - Domain Configuration Issue

Joe Baptista baptista at publicroot.org
Thu Jan 15 15:27:45 UTC 2009

Unifiedroot is a scam.  I suggest you do some due diligence on them before
you pay them any money.  Let them know I gave you this heads up - I'm sure
they will appreciate it.

cheers
joe baptista

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 5:48 AM, ozgurs <ozgursur at gmail.com> wrote:

> We want to buy a unified root domain,
> but they say we can not use the domain only one word.
> like
> ozgurs
>
> so that it opens
> http://ozgurs
>

> but we have to use a connected word to this TLD, like
> example.ozgurs
>
> here, my quetion comes! :)
>
> i bet with my friend that we can not use the domain itself.
> NOW
> I NEED A PROOF :>
>
> We want to know the reason why we can not use TLD alone itself,
> without a word in connected to it.
>

> ( I mean: instead of the URL
>

> ozgurs
>

> we have to use
>

> example.ozgurs
>
> )
>

> We want the reasons, with exact documents (for example a university's
> DNS managerment document from their site link or a scientific article
> regarding this issue (about the must of usage and reasons why we must
> use a word connected to the domain.)
>

> Note: We will buy these products after we are satisified with the
> explanations and documents' reliability about the explained issue
> above. (the usages, rules of domains, configurations, DNS)
>
> I mean I have to prove this that it is impossible to use the domain as
> one word (like ozgurs) with very reliable indications and strongly
> that no one can deny it any way of idea)
>

> With best regards,
>

> OzgurS

Joe Baptista
www.publicroot.org
PublicRoot Consortium
The future of the Internet is Open, Transparent, Inclusive, Representative &
Accountable to the Internet community @large.