Problem resolving "www.lmsintl.com"

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Sat Jan 10 23:22:40 UTC 2009

Apisa, Kathy (US - MABS) wrote:
> I am running bind 9,4.2-P2

You'll want to upgrade that to 9.4.3-P1 for better security,
performance, etc.

> on windows and can resolve all external Domains names

Really? You've tried them ALL? :)

> with the exception of www.lmsintl.com <http://www.lmsintl.com/>
>
> Doing a “dig www.lmsintl.com <http://www.lmsintl.com/> +trace returns
> the proper address
>
> If I do a ping or nslookup on www.lmsintl.com <http://www.lmsintl.com/>
> I get an error can’t find www.lmsintl.com <http://www.lmsintl.com/>:
> server failed therefore I am unable to access their website.

This indicates that there is a problem with your system's resolver.
Can you paste the output of the commands that are failing?

FWIW, I have no problems resolving that host and the domain appears to
be configured correctly. www is a cname to lmsintl.com, but that
shouldn't cause the problems you're seeing.

hth,

Doug