named with DLZ

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Fri Feb 27 13:42:16 UTC 2009

RedHat does have prebuilt packages on RHEL5.x.

On my 5.2 server I have:
bind-chroot-9.3.4-6.0.3.P1.el5_2
system-config-bind-4.0.3-2.el5
bind-libs-9.3.4-6.0.3.P1.el5_2
bind-9.3.4-6.0.3.P1.el5_2
bind-utils-9.3.4-6.0.3.P1.el5_2

You can install the latest packages with "yum"

yum install bind-chroot system-config-bind bind-libs bind bind-utils

I'm running the chroot'ed BIND configuration - it isn't required but I'd
recommend it.

I'm not sure any of these have DLZ support built in as I don't use it.
On scanning RedHat's support site I found no mention of DLZ so you may
need to build your own.

FYI:  Although the base BIND version for above packages is 9.3.4 the
RedHat people have backported security fixes from later BIND versions
into their version.